Mathematics Readiness Test Score Interpretation
Placement into an introductory MATH or STAT class is based on your MRT score and the requirements of your academic program as delineated below. If you have AP or transfer credit for MATH or STAT, you may be able to begin at a higher level than indicated below; consult your academic advisor or contact email@example.com.
MRT Score Interpretation
The MRT is scored on a 20-point scale. If WebAssign reports your score as a percentage, divide by 5 to obtain your score. For example, 60% translates to a score of 12 points.
If MATH 021 is Required for Your Program
- An MRT score of 12 or higher is required for enrollment in MATH 021
- If your MRT score is 0 - 11, begin with MATH 010 (do NOT take MATH 019).
If MATH 019 is Required for Your Program
- If your MRT score is 6 or higher, take MATH 019
- If your MRT score is 0 - 5, take MATH 009 prior to taking MATH 019
If Your Program Does Not Require Calculus (MATH 019 or MATH 021)
If your program does not specifically require MATH 019 or MATH 021, you may take one of the following courses in accordance with your MRT score and your academic interests. Please consult your academic advisor to ensure that the course you select will meet the requirements of your degree.
- MATH 021 may be taken with an MRT score of 12 or higher
- MATH 019 may be taken with an MRT score of 6 or higher
- MATH 017 may be taken with any MRT score
- MATH 018 may be taken with any MRT score (RSENR only)
- STAT 051 may be taken with any MRT score
Questions? Talk to your academic advisor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.