The Certificate of Graduate Studies in the Interdisciplinary Study of Disabilities
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Completed Graduate College application (Processing fee is required.)
- Official transcripts from each college or university where credit has been earned
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement.
A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is recommended to ensure academic success at the advanced level.
The application process depends on which program of study you choose. All applicants apply through the UVM Graduate College.
- Students may enroll in a UVM graduate program solely to complete this certificate of graduate studies in the interdisciplinary study of disability.
- Students already enrolled in a UVM graduate program may develop an approved plan for taking the required 18 credits to complete this certificate.
- Current UVM ILEHP Trainees may integrate their ILEHP coursework into an individualized plan of study that meets the competency requirements for this certificate.
Applicants who are seeking admission to the Certificate of Graduate Study program only, should follow regular on-line procedures for applying to the UVM Graduate College. Go to the UVM Graduate College website to complete your application online: UVM Graduate College
Students currently enrolled in a graduate program at UVM should complete the one-page Certificate Short Form Application. Submit this form before taking more than two courses towards a Certificate. Download the Short Form pdf here.
Students currently enrolled in the ILEHP program at UVM should complete the one-page Certificate Short Form Application. Submit this form before taking more than two courses towards a Certificate.Download the Short Form pdf here.
All prospective students should make an appointment to talk with Deborah Lisi-Baker, Associate Director of the Center on Disability and Community Inclusion, and the coordinator of the Certificate Program. Contact information She can help you design your individual plan.
Last modified February 15 2012 11:53 AM