Discrimination or Harassment Complaints
The Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Office investigates complaints by administering an equal opportunity complaint procedure- including investigating allegations of prohibited discrimination and harassment brought by students, faculty and staff. The Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Office resolves both informally and formally complaints of discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, positive HIV-related blood test results, status as a disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, or gender identity or expression.
Here you will find links to the procedures and policies in place for dealing with issues of discrimination and harasment at UVM. Please contact the Office of AA/EO if you have any further needs.
- Procedural Guidelines for Handling Discrimination and Discriminatory Harassment Complaints
- University of Vermont Sexual Harassment Policy Statement - Students
- University of Vermont Sexual Harassment Policy Statement - Employees
- Harassment - Students Policy
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- Equal Opportunity in Educational Programs and Activities and Non-Harassment
- Sexual Misconduct and Assault - Students
Please contact our offices at 656-3368 with any questions.
Note: To download a copy of the PDF files you will need to have Adobe Reader software on your computer. You may download a free version for Windows or Mac at UVM's Software Archive or from Adobe.com. For help in downloading Adobe Reader or PDF documents, contact the CIT Helpline at 656-2604 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: PDFs open in a new window.