SPARK-VT provides a modular infrastructure to facilitate the discovery-to-innovation-to-commercialization process. A new initiative at UVM is helping to bridge the divide between research and the marketplace by bringing promising researchers together with business innovators and biotech leaders. The goal of SPARK-VT is to address the challenges of translating novel research into the community.
- To accelerate the process of moving discoveries into the marketplace.
- To develop environment at UVM that fosters and facilitates moving innovative, collaborative research toward commercialization.
- To increase the competitiveness for research funding involving small business and/or commercialization.
- To educate faculty, fellows and students on how to transition innovative ideas and discoveries into commercial applications.
2018 Award Recipients
Congratulations to the following researchers:
Jason Botten, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Immunobiology Medicine
Peter Spector, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine
Daniel Weiss, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine
Workshops & Lectures
See our upcoming workshops and lectures, including information on how to attend remotely/after-the-fact and document your attendance.
- SERAS recognized with 3rd place Innovation Award from the World Patient Safety, Science and Technology Summit.
- GreenScale Technologies selected as one of the "Best University Startups 2016" by ncet2.org.