Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Training Opportunities on Sponsored Projects
Education and outreach are a big part of SPA’s efforts. We address these needs in many ways – from providing impromptu training at the time of submission of proposals or closeouts to doing formal training sessions on a variety of topics.
As a part of our ongoing efforts, SPA is partnering with the Division of Finance to offer personalized one-on-one learning opportunities about the policies, procedures, and processes related to sponsored projects, such as PurCard transactions and financial reporting on sponsored projects. To register or learn more, please visit Professional Development and Training.
Listed below are some of our upcoming efforts.
- Introduction to Sponsored Projects (Fall 2016)
- Financial Management tools for Sponsored Projects (Fall 2016)
- UVM Foundation and SPA – Information session (Fall 2016)
- Fly America Act (Spring 2017)
- Process for Outgoing Subawards (Spring 2017)
Please visit the Professional Development website to get information on how to register.We have also conducted many trainings in the past - around new policies and as a part of the Sponsored Project Training Program initiative. Please find below the links to the slides from those presentations.
Link to Previous Course Offerings
- Sponsored Project Training Program - Kick Off Program - Oct 2010
- InfoEd Electronic Routing System - Jan 2011
- Financial Management Tools for Grants - Mar 22, 2011
- Roles and Responsibilities - Sept 7, 2011
- Post Award Grant Life Cycle and Tools - Oct 12, 2011
- Subawards and Subcontracts - Oct 17, 2011
- New UVM Policies Effecting Grants - Dec 8, 2011
- Part 1: New Cost Policy on Sponsored Agreements - Mar 28, 2012
- Part 2: New Cost Policy on Sponsored Agreements - Business Process and Tools - Apr 30, 2012
- New PHS Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Regulations - Aug 1, 2012
- Introduction to Sponsored Projects - Sept 12, 2012
- What Happens if your Grant is Audited? - Oct 10, 2012
- Getting the Most out of InfoEd - Oct 31, 2012
- Grant Financial Management: Tools and Best Practice - Nov 7, 2012
- Cost Transfers Involving Sponsored Agreements - December 10, 2012
- Important Updates and Tips - New Cost Policy and New UOP for Cost Transfers - March 13, 2013
- Research Protections Review and Funding - June 3, 2013
- Sponsored Projects - Introduction and Award Management Overview - February 25, 2014
- New UOPs and SPA Business Process - Advanced Accounts and Residual Balances - March 18, 2014
Last modified May 12 2016 12:44 PM