Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Active Limited Competitions
- A limited competition is a grant program in which the sponsor restricts the number of applications that can come from a single institution.
- Scroll down for additional information about UVM's internal
Click on column headings below to sort by columns.
|Date Posted||Sponsor||Program Link||Internal UVM Deadline||Sponsor Deadline||Campus Announcement||Discipline|
Research Program (previous year's solicitation for
||Letter of Intent due 10/03/16; Pre-proposal
(Early 2017 anticipated)
Research PhD Fellowship Program
||see campus announcement
for Computational Nanotechnology (NCN) Supporting the Next
Phase of NCN Nodes Programs
|Letter of Intent due 11/03/16; Full Proposal
for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity (PFI:BIC)
||Letter of Intent due 10/14/16; Full Proposal
||Blavatnik Family Foundation
National Awards for Young Scientists
Research Traineeship Program (NRT)
||Letter of Intent due 12/09/16; Full
application due 02/07/17
and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers (U19)
||Francis Family Foundation
B. Francis Fellowship in Pulmonary Research
||INFEWS Interdisciplinary Incentive
||Spring 2017 (anticipated)
UVM's Internal Process
- When a limited competition is identified, SPA posts it to the Active Limited Competitions list above and sends a campus announcement to the relevant Deans, Directors and Chairs.
- The campus announcement includes
- information about the grant program
- a request for specific information
- a deadline by which investigators must notify SPA of their intent to apply.
- If the number of UVM investigators wishing to apply exceeds the number permitted, the final decision rests with either the Vice President for Research if interest is across colleges, or by the Dean if all applicants are within one college.
- SPA informs investigators of the decision and those selected can begin preparing a full proposal at that time.
- Please note that the list of limited competitions compiled by SPA is not exhaustive.
- Anyone who wants to apply to a limited competition not posted on the list should contact SPA so we can post the opportunity and conduct the process described above.
Hilda Alajajian, Grant
Resource Specialist, (802) 656-1322
Last modified September 27 2016 04:07 PM