Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Active Limited Competitions
- A limited competition is a grant program in which the sponsor restricts the number of applications that can come from a single institution.
- Scroll down for additional information about UVM's internal
Click on column headings below to sort by columns.
|Date Posted||Sponsor||Program Link||Internal UVM Deadline||Sponsor Deadline||Campus Announcement||Discipline|
Fund Grants Program (at-risk children)
RII Track-2 FEC (Focused EPSCoR Collaborations
(Understanding the Brain; Sustainable Food, Energy,Water Systems)
|Letter of Intent 12/01/15
4 pm ; Pre-Proposal
|Required Letter of Intent 01/11/16 5pm;
Education, Practice, Quality and Retention program
||see campus announcement
||Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
Runyon Clinical Investigator Awards
||USDA Farm Service Agency
& Education, Technical Assistance, & Financial
Education for FSA Programs, Functions and Activities
||11/20/15; 01/22/16; 03/18/16;
||American Heart Association
Focused Heart Failure Research Network
||10/30/15 (5:00 pm)
||12/01/15 (requested LOI) 02/03/16 (required
Waters Small Grants Program
Research Traineeship (NRT) Program
Research Instrumentation Program
for Innovation: Building Innovation Capacity
||12/02/15 (required LOI); 01/27/16 (full
Development Programs in Diabetes Research for Pediatric
UVM's Internal Process
- When a limited competition is identified, SPA posts it to the Active Limited Competitions list above and sends a campus announcement to the relevant Deans, Directors and Chairs.
- The campus announcement includes
- information about the grant program
- a request for specific information
- a deadline by which investigators must notify SPA of their intent to apply.
- If the number of UVM investigators wishing to apply exceeds the number permitted, the final decision rests with either the Vice President for Research if interest is across colleges, or by the Dean if all applicants are within one college.
- SPA informs investigators of the decision and those selected can begin preparing a full proposal at that time.
- Please note that the list of limited competitions compiled by SPA is not exhaustive.
- Anyone who wants to apply to a limited competition not posted on the list should contact SPA so we can post the opportunity and conduct the process described above.
Hilda Alajajian, Grant
Resource Specialist, (802) 656-1322
Last modified November 18 2015 10:22 AM