Sponsored Project Administration - SPA
Cost Transfers on Sponsored Agreements
UVM Policy & Guidelines
- Cost Transfer Policy link - pdf
Non Salary Cost Transfers
Cost Transfer Memo - word
Salary Cost Transfers
- Print out the current salary distribution form from Peoplesoft HR system
- Legibly write all changes on the existing salary distribution form (even if you supply a filled in blank salary distribution form)
- Upon agreement from the employee that the changes are reasonable, have the employee sign the salary distribution form
- For retroactive changes, write a detailed cost transfer memo and attach it to the existing salary distribution form
- A cost transfer memo is required which describes what expenses are being transferred and why.
- The wage earner or someone with suitable means of verification needs to sign the cost transfer memo verifiying its reasonableness
- The appropriate labor distribution time report which reflects the wages originally expenses is required as supporting documentation.
Last modified July 07 2011 11:00 AM