Pierson library
Historic
Modern
The Pierson library building was built sometime between 1816, when the land was first purchased, and 1837, when the Methodist Church bought it to serve as a Parsonage. Dedicated as the Pierson library in 1911, the two wings visible in the modern image were added in 1925. The building now serves as a gallery for the Shelburne Craft School, and the Pierson library now resides near the Town Offices.

The land around the building has been developed and landscaped quite a bit since the original photo, with sidewalks, stairs, and railings added. The building has also been given a different coat of paint.