Downtown Shelburne, looking south
Historic
Modern
Judging by the horses and carriages visible in front of the brick store, and the absence of the gasoline sign seen in another image of this view, this historic photo predates the first automobiles in Shelburne (1910). The rutted dirt roads are clearly visible, as is the relatively narrow Rt. 7, now considerably wider (and paved). The porch seen at right belongs to the original post office, since moved to Shelburne Museum and replaced by a Mobil station.