Downtown Shelburne, looking south
Historic
Modern
This historic photo has no date, but probably dates to the early twentieth century, when the automobile first began to appear in Shelburne. The "Socony Gasoline" sign on the brick store stands in contrast to the hitching posts still in use for many more years. The Pierson library building, built between 1816 and 1837, is visible behind the trees.

The junction of Rt. 7, Harbor Rd, and Falls Rd has undergone several changes over time. In this historic view, Falls Rd branches off to the left with no divider or median, while in modern times the road junction has been narrowed and straightened to make a true crossroads that is safer for auto traffic. The dirt roads of the past have been replaced by wider paved roads.