Shelburne Hotel
Historic
Modern
The Shelburne Hotel (or Shelburne Inn) was built in 1796 by Benjamin Harrington, an early settler who first built a log cabin in 1788 at the current site of the brick store. This structure has served as a public house, apartment building, post office, and meeting place, in addition to its current use.

While there is no date on the historic photo, the "Gulf" sign clearly places it in the automobile age. The trees are completely different, as are the window shutters and siding on the building. Rt. 7 is also much more developed, and more structures have been erected behind the main building.