University of Vermont

Travel Health and Safety Information

Common questions and concerns about health and safety abroad

Questions about health and safety issues while traveling abroad? Please visit the UVM Travel Clinic

Questions about culture shock and re-entry? Please visit the UVM Counseling and Psychiatry Services website.

Questions about emergency procedures and safety abroad? UVM has contracted with a company called International SOS to provide worldwide assistance and evacuation services for all registered UVM students. International SOS offers our students travel, medical and security advice and services, as well as on-line access to information which many insurance companies do not offer, International SOS is NOT health insurance. UVM requires all students to maintain health insurance coverage and to make certain that their policies cover them while abroad. Please visit the International SOS website.

Questions about travel recommendations made by the U.S. Department of State? Please visit the Department of State's website listed below:

U.S. Department of State:

Centers for Disease Control:

Last modified December 04 2015 08:08 AM

Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131