The UVM Food Systems Internship Program places UVM students in high quality food system internships where they can make a meaningful contribution to Vermont businesses and organizations while building essential knowledge and career skills for their future. Students are provided with an opportunity to:
- Examine personal skills, knowledge, and experience in preparation for an internship in a specific career field
- Explore career interests and needs for career preparation
- Establish personal goals and expectations for internship work at a specific work site
- Receive support with arranging for academic credit as available and appropriate for internships
- Receive ongoing support for internship success while working at an internship site
- Connect with other UVM Food Systems Interns for support and to acquire broader understanding of the field
- Evaluate performance and identify areas for improvement
- Examine key learnings and accomplishments and post evidence of this for public review online
- Identify next steps for academic program and career path
Here is a summary of currently available internship opportunities. To learn more about these opportunities, visit Catamount Job Link and search for the internship ID number.
As part of your application process, you will complete a brief interest and experience survey so we understand your specific food system interests, experience, skills, and knowledge. You will then meet with Matt to examine possible internship placements with an eye towards crafting the best match between intern and work site. Students from any program or discipline are eligible to apply.
For host sites...
Prior to the placement of an intern, the UVM Food Systems Intern Coordinator will reach out to work sites to help them identify and define projects and tasks that will be helpful to meet work site objectives and valuable for UVM student intern learning. If you are interested in being considered as a host site, please contact Matt Myers.
Matt Myers, Program Coordinator
Last modified December 09 2013 03:51 PM