Family Disaster Planning
Is your family prepared to weather an emergency? Learn how to develop a family disaster plan and supply kit. Be prepared and ready to take care of yourself and your family if disaster strikes.
- Family Emergency Preparedness Workbook (PDF) from the Vermont Division of Emergency Management
- Children and Disasters (EDEN)
- "Are You Ready?" Guide (FEMA)
- Prepare Your Home and Family (American Red Cross), includes family communication plan, evacuation plan, disaster supplies kit information. Red Cross Disaster Service (Burlington): 802-660-9130.
- American Red Cross Disaster Safety Library (resources provided in multiple languages)
- "Food and Water in an Emergency" (PDF, American Red Cross)
- Disaster Preparedness For People With Disabilities and "Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs" (PDF, American Red Cross)
- Disaster Preparedness For Seniors (American Red Cross)
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets (American Red Cross) and "Disaster Preparedness for Pets" (PDF, The Humane Society of the United States)
Last modified October 26 2012 10:08 AM