We are committed to quality academic advising for ENVS students.
To make an appointment with any of our faculty members, or with Ibit Wright, ENVS Student Services Coordinator, please call our front desk at Bittersweet, 656-4055.
- Student Pre-Advising Form - Prospective majors and minors, please fill out and bring this form to your first advising appointment.
- Major Flow Chart - a graphic representation of the ENVS major, concentrations and senior capstones
- Course List - all ENVS courses in a sortable list with description, instructor, and a variety of other information
- UVM Calalogue ENVS Course List - not including special topics courses 95/96, 195/196, 295/296, of which we offer many
- Suggested Course List for ENVS Major Breadth Requirements - the gold sheet
- List of Introductory Courses from across campus for 1st- and 2nd-year ENVS students as you explore your interests.
ENVS Course Advising Tools by Semester
- Fall Course Grid
- Fall Course Info. and Descriptions
Fall Campus Courses of Interest to ENVS Students - the paper trifold
- Spring Course Grid
- Spring ENVS Course Info. and Descriptions
Spring Campus Courses of Interest to ENVS Students - the paper trifold
- Summer ENVS Course Info. and Descriptions
- Summer Course Grid
Other Learning Options
Students Teaching Students Courses (STS ENVS 197)
Travel Study Courses
Independent Study / Internship / Practicum - (Go here for ENVS 191/291 and the big picture -- information on high impact learning, career development and earning credits outside the traditional classroom.
Guidelines for ENVS 191/ 291 Independent Study / Internship / Practicum - Read this carefully. The attached learning contract needs to be signed by the student, Faculty Sponsor, Site Supervisor, and the ENVS 191/291 Course Coordinator, Rick Paradis.
Evaluation Form for ENVS 191/291 Independent Study / Internship / Practicum - to be filled out by the Practicum Supervisor. The Faculty Sponsor then reviews this form and the students's final product(s) and reflection paper, and assigns the grade. The ENVS 191/291 Course Coordinator then posts the grade.
Other Important Links
- UVM Registrar - Browse for courses by semester on the Schedule of Courses (SOC). Registration schedule, add/drop dates, forms to change major/minor/school/college, etc.
- UVM Continuing Education - for information about Summer University, and other courses and programs at UVM.
- See also our FAQ page on Internships, Independent Study and Practicum