Sample Appointment Letters
Format for Preparing Appointment Letters
- Use sample letters only.
- Use the same font and font size throughout the letter.
- Reduce font size and/or adjust margins to allow for a single page letter.
- If two pages are absolutely necessary, include the addressee's last name and the page number in the bottom right-hand corner of each page (i.e., Smith, page 1 of 2; Smith, page 2 of 2).
- Do not date letter (HR will date letter prior to mailing).
- Type both the name and title of the Department Chair on the signature line.
- Print on department letterhead.
- Type (do not handwrite) the address on envelope.
Required Documents for Submission of Appointment Letters
Submit to Arts and Sciences HR Business Office, 438 College Street:
- The original appointment letter on department letterhead signed by the Chair. (The Business Office will prepare all tenure-track appointment letters.)
- One copy of the appointment letter.
- An addressed (typewritten) large envelope (used to mail multiple HR forms) for new hires or business-sized envelope for faculty reappointments.
- A completed Personnel Action Set-up and Salary Distribution Form.
Last modified May 13 2015 04:03 PM