- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
E. Lauck Parke, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 215 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-9654
Office Hours: TTH 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (also TA hrs. posted 215 Kalkin) or by appointment
Dr. Parke joined the UVM faculty in the fall of 1977 after holding a position in the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. His primary teaching and research interests are in the areas of strategic management, organizational theory and personnel administration. Current research activities include investigations into the usefulness of strategic planning in public sector organizations; the problems of employee ownership; and the shortcomings of work improvement schemes. His published works include articles in The Academy of Management Journal, Personnel, The Educational Record, The Economics Journal, and a chapter in Robert Dubin's Handbook of Work, Organization and Society.
Suggested topics for comment:
General issues of management; organizational change and development; leadership and motivation; business ethics.
Academy of Management; Eastern Academy of Management, Council on Employee Responsibilities and Rights.
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Posey, P. A.; zz-McIntosh, B.; Parke, E. - "Preparing Public Service Agencies for Strategic Planning" (Refereed) - International Journal of Public Administration - 1987 - v. 10, no. 5,
- zz-McIntosh, B.; Posey, P.; Parke, E. - "Human Resource Systems in Public Sector Strategic Planning" (Refereed) - Human Resources Management and Organizational Behavior Proceedings. - 1985
- Parke, E.; Schermerhorn, J. J.; zz-Shirland, L. E. - "An Empirical Evaluation of Repeatable Testing as a Technique for Improving Management Education" (Refereed) - Academy of Management Journal - 1981 - v. 24, no. 2, pp. 432-438
- Parke, E.; Tausky, C. - "The Mythology of Job Enrichment: Self-Actualization Revisited" (Refereed) - Personnel - 1975 - v. 52, pp. 12-21
Journal Article, Professional Journal
- zz-Tashman, L.; Parke, E.; Carlson, R. - "A management lesson in curricular development" (Refereed) - Educational Record - 1984 - v. 65, no. 1 (EJ308610), pp. 54-65 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Parke, E. - "Management Development Education in the Public sector: The Vermont Experience" - New England Journal of Business and Economics - 1981 - v. 7, no. 1,
- Parke, E.; Posey, P. A. - "Research and Strategic Management: Past, Present and Future" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 1987 National Council of the Decision Sciences Institute - 1988
- Parke, E.; Posey, P. P. - "Improving Organizational Performance: When Managerial and Supervisory Perceptions Differ" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the 1987 National Conference of the Council on Employee Responsibilities and Rights - 1987
- Parke, E.; Posey, P.; zz-McIntosh, B. - "Responding to Reaganomics: Are New England Public Service Agencies Ready for Strategic Planning?" (Refereed) - Annual Conference of the Northeast Business and Economics Association - 1985 - v. Proceedings,
- zz-Gurdon, M. A.; Parke, E. - "Employee Ownership: Overlooked Problems" (Refereed) - Contribution of Theory and Research to the Practice of Management/Missippi State: Southern Management Associations - 1982
- zz-Tashman, L.; Parke, E.; Carlson, R. - "Development of an MPA Program: Another Manifestation of the Prisoner's Dilemma" (Refereed) - Ninth Annual Conference of the New England Business and Economic Association - 1981 - v. Proceedings,
- Parke, E. - "Management Development Education in the Public Sector: The Vermont Experience" (Refereed) - Eighth Annual Conference of the New England Business and Economic Association - 1981 - v. Proceedings,
- Parke, E. - "Overlooked Structural Considerations in the Design and Implementation of Quality Control Circles" (Refereed) - Eighteenth Annual Meetings of the Eastern Academy of Management - 1981 - v. Proceedings,
- Parke, E.; Schermerhorn, J. R. - "The Collateral Organization: An Alternative Resource for the Organization Development of Schools" (Refereed) - Nineteenth Annual Meetings of the Southern Management Association - 1981
- Parke, E. - "The Impact and Importance of Accountability and Extrinsic Rewards on Job Enrichment Success--A Field Study" (Refereed) - Nineteenth Annual Meeting of the Southern Management Association - 1981 - v. Proceedings,
- Parke, E.; zz-Shirland, L. E. - "The Prospects for Worker Centered Quality Control in a High Technology Industry: A Case Study" (Refereed) - 1st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM) - 1980 - pp. 85-92
- Parke, E.; Schermerhorn, J. R.; zz-Shirland, L. E. - "An Experiment with Repeatable Testing in an Introductory O.B. Course" (Refereed) - Thirty-ninth Annual Academy of Management Meetings - 1979 - v. Proceedings,
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Parke, E. - "Slumbering Valley (selected for reprinting)" - Strategic Management; John Wiley & Sons - 1986 ,
- Parke, E.; Schermerhorn, J. R. - ""The collateral Organization: an alternative resource for the organization development of human services organizations" - International Management and Organizational Yearbook - 1983 ,
Book, Chapter in Textbook-New
- Michael, G.; Lorenz, R.; Parke, E. - "Slumbering Valley (invited comprehensive case submission for)" - Strategic Management: Text and Cases/Kent Publishing - 1985 ,
- Parke, E.; Tausky, C. - "Need Theory, Reinforcement Theory, and Job Enrichment" (Refereed) - Work, Organization and Society/Rand McNally - 1976 - pp. 531-565 ,
- Udell, J. J.; Parke, E.; Strang, W. A. - "Skilled Labor in the Milwaukee Area: The Supply, Education, Problems and Opportunities" - Wisconsin Economic Study Number 15 (Reprinted by Milwaukee Journal); Office of Research Publications, Graduate School of Business, University of Wisconsin - 1977
- Parke, E. - "Organization Design" - Academy of Management Review - 1978 - v. 3, no. 3, pp. 688-690 ,
- Parke, E. - "The Cotter-Cherns Scottish Sandwich Corporation: Variance Matrix Analysis" - The Center for Quality of Working Life; Institute of Industrial Relations - 1980
- Parke, E. - "Review of manuscript " - Human Resources Administration; McGraw Hill - 1984
- Parke, E. - "Review of: Champagne, Paul, Personnel Management" - Benjamin Cummings (Division of Addison-Wesley) - 1978
- Parke, E. - "to William Mares, author of: Working Together: Participation from Shopfloor to Boardroom" - A.P. Knopf, Co. - 1982