- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Nurgul Chambers, PHD Visiting Professor
Nurgul Chambers is not currently associated with the School of Business Administration at the University of Vermont.
Contact InformationOffice: 211 Kalkin
Office Hours: MW 12 noon - 1:00 pm or by appointment
Nurgul Chambers is a tenured professor of finance at Marmara University's School of Business which is located in Istanbul -Turkey. She completed her PhD in 1993 and has successfully accumulated almost 25 years of university teaching and research experience in the field of finance. She was one of the first Turkish women to be appointed as a full professor of finance and is highly regarded for her strong accomplishments in both teaching and research activities. She was also one of the first Turkish academics to publish and research on "Derivatives Markets" in the 1990s.
Over the course of her career, she has typically taught courses in corporate finance, derivative markets, investment analysis & portfolio management, financial management, firm value, and international finance at both undergraduate and graduate levels, including at PhD level. To date, Dr. Chambers has supervised more than 20 Masters and 5 doctorate dissertations to completion.
Within her Department at Marmara University, she has mentored the career development of young female academics in finance and also worked to encourage the development of online learning technologies with particular reference to the use of Blackboard and Moodle in the delivery of undergraduate finance modules.
Between 2006-2008 she was appointed by the president of Marmara University to serve as a member in the University's Strategic Management Commission that involved working with other academics to look at ways of improving the quality of administrative services to students within the university as a whole.
In terms of significant external activities, Dr.Chambers has served as a consultant to the boards of directors of a number of major Turkish private banks. Furthermore, she is a Certified Public Accountant and has worked as a consultant in a financial auditing firm located in Istanbul where she was responsible for designing and implanting continuous professional development programmes for executives and board members.
Dr. Chambers has worked to ensure close cooperation between her Department and major financial institutions in Turkey such as the Istanbul Stock Exchange and the National Derivatives Market Board. Dr. Chambers continues to serve as an adjunct professor in finance at different private universities located in Istanbul where she generally teaches in the MBA programmes.
Dr. Chambers has not limited her teaching and research activities to her home country of Turkey. She was a visiting research scholar in the Cameron School of Business at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington, NC, USA between July and October 2012.
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- zz-Chambers, N. - "Dr. Chambers has published widely and regularly on diverse, finance-related issues and, to date, she has authored more than 30 articles and monographs in peer-reviewed journals." (Refereed) - 2013
- zz-Chambers, N.; Cifter, A. - "Advanced Measurement Approach With Loss Distribution In Operational Risk Management" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the Ninth National Finance Symposium - 2006 - pp. 545-568 [View publication]
- zz-Chambers, N.; Cifter, A. - "Testing Fractional Integration of Forward Rate Unbiasedness Hypothesis: Evidence from TurkDEX" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the Sixth International Finance Symposium - 2006 - pp. (with the contributions of Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration)
- zz-Chambers, N.; Cifter, A. - "The Effect of Scale on Productivity of Turkish Banks in the Post-Crises Period : An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis" (Refereed) - Proceedings of the Fifth International Finance Symposium - 2005 - pp. 206-227
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- zz-Chambers, N.; Cifter, A. - "The Effect of Scale on Productivity: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis" (Refereed) - Research Methodology in Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA), Florida: Universal Publishers - 2008 - pp. 141-156 ,
- zz-Chambers, N. - "Firm Value" (Refereed) - Avciol Publications - 2005 ,
- zz-Chambers, N. - "Analysis of the Financial Structure of Banks in the Period of Crisis and Afterwards" (Refereed) - Avciol Publications - 2004 ,
- zz-Chambers, N.; Iseri, M.; Cilingirturk, A. - "A Research Study on the Examination of Macro Economic Indicators Towards Istanbul Stock Exchange" (Refereed) - Turkmen Kitabevi Publications - 2003 ,
- zz-Chambers, N. - "Derivative Markets [English]" (Refereed) - Avciol Publications - 1998 - pp. In English ,
- zz-Chambers, N. - "Derivative Markets [Turkish]" (Refereed) - Avciol Publications - 1998 - pp. In Turkish (In Turkish 4 th Edition in 2013) ,
- Guvemli, O.; zz-Chambers, N. - "Preparation, Evaluation and Monitoring of Investment Projects" (Refereed) - Accounting Academicians Collaboration Foundation Publications - 1997 ,