- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Glenn C. Walberg, JD, LLM
Contact InformationOffice: 313A Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-5774
Office Hours: T 10:00 am - 12:00 pm or by appointment
Dr. Walberg obtained his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center after obtaining his JD from the College of William and Mary School of Law. Before joining the University of Vermont School of Business Administration, he taught courses about federal tax accounting for individuals and business entities at the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He previously worked as a senior manager in the national tax department of a Big Four accounting firm. He has published in the Florida Tax Review, Tax Notes, Tax Adviser, The Tax Lawyer, and others. His research interests include accounting method and capitalization issues.
Courses Currently Taught by Glenn Walberg:
- BSAD 264 - Corporation Taxation FA 2015
- Section A, 102 Aiken 12:00-3:00 M
- BSAD 395 - Advanced Special Topics FA 2015
- Tax Research - Section C, 325 Kalkin 8:30-11:30 W
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Walberg, G. - "Wrestling Control from the UNICAP Regulations: The Irrelevance of Quality Control in Determining Capitalizable Trademark Royalties. " (Refereed) - Florida Tax Review - 2014 - v. 16, pp. 55 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Walberg, G. - "The Impact of Accounting Methods, the Doctrine of Election, and Income Distortion on a Start-up Election" (Refereed) - The ATA Journal of Legal Tax Research - 2013 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Walberg, G. - "Just Enough: Substantial Performance, Ministerial Acts, and the All Events Tests for Income and Expense Accruals" (Refereed) - University of Florida, Florida Tax Review - 2010 - v. 10, no. 7, [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Walberg, G. - "Reconsidering the Treatment of Investigatory Costs for Taxpayers with Existing Businesses" (Refereed) - Houston Business and Tax Law Journal - 2010 - v. 10, no. Part 1, pp. 47-109 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Walberg, G.; Hanson, R. K. - "Series LLCs in Business and Tax Planning" (Refereed) - The Tax Advisor, American Institute of CPAs - 2010 - no. 40, pp. 50-56 [View publication]
- Walberg, G. - "Trademark Licensing Costs After Robinson Knife" - Practical Tax Strategies - 2010 - v. 85 ,
- Randall, H.; Smith, J.; Walberg, G. - "Bankruptcy law in difficult economic times" (Refereed) - The CPA Journal - 2009 - pp. 52-54
- Walberg, G. - "Characterizing Transactions in Capitalizing Transaction Costs" - Tax Notes - 2009 - v. 122, pp. 1109
- Walberg, G. - "Constructive Conditions and the All Events Test" - The Tax Advisor - 2009 - v. 62, no. 2, pp. 433
- Walberg, G. - "Developing Approaches for Capitalizing Transaction Costs" - Tax Notes - 2009 - v. 122, pp. 985
- Walberg, G. - "New Option for Pending Method Change Applications" - Executive's Tax & Management Report - 2008 - pp. 3
- Hanson, R.; Smith, J.; Walberg, G. - "The New Bankruptcy Rules and the Current Credit Crunch: What Students Need to Know" - New Accountant Magazine - 2008 - no. 726, pp. 20
- Walberg, G. - "Uncertainty Governs Advance Trade Discounts" - The Tax Advisor - 2008 - v. 39, pp. 92
- Walberg, G. - "Impact of Business Structure on the Manufacturing Deduction" - Executive's Tax and Management Report - 2005 - pp. 4
- Rohrs, J.; Harrington, K.; Walberg, G. - "New Guidance for Taxpayers with Impermissible Accounting Methods" - Tax Notes - 2002 - v. 96, pp. 1237
- Lee, J.; Walberg, G.; Whitesell, D. - "Capitalizing and Depreciating Cyclical Aircraft Maintenance Costs: More-Trouble-Than-It???s-Worth?" - Virginia Tax Review - 1997 - v. 17, pp. 161
- Lee, J.; Blanton, E.; Luthra, V.; Walberg, G.; Whitesell, D. - "Restating Capitalization Standards and Rules: The Case for Rough Justice Regulations" - OHIO N.U. Law Review - 1996 - v. 23, no. 631, pp. 1483
- Walberg, G.; Rohrs, J.; Atkinson, J. - "Principles of Capitalization" (Refereed) - Bloomberg BNA - 2013 - v. 509,
- Walberg, G. - "Assignments of Income" - TAX PRACTICE SERIES - 1020 Bureau of National Affairs ed. - 2007
- Walberg, G. - "Corporate Formation" - TAX ADVISORS PLANNING SERIES at Title 11, Research Institute of America ed. 2006 - 2006
- Walberg, G. - "COMMENTS ON NOTICE 2005-14 AND INCOME ATTRIBUTABLE TO DOMESTIC PRODUCTION ACTIVITIES," - AMERICAN INST. OF CERTIFIED PUB. ACCOUNTANTS - 2005
- Walberg, G. - "COMMENTS ON THE PROPOSED GUIDANCE FOR ELIGIBLE PROPERTY AND THE SIMPLIFIED SERVICE COST METHOD" - AMERICAN INST. OF CERTIFIED PUB. ACCOUNTANTS - 2004
- Walberg, G. - "" - TAX SEC. NEWSL., American Bar Association Sec. of Tax - 2003 - pp. 19,32