- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Jie Zhang, DBA Assistant Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 205 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-0495
Office Hours: Tue 2-4p & W 12-2p or by appointment
Dr. Zhang is an Assistant Professor of Operations and Information Systems Management at The University of Vermont School of Business Administration. She holds degrees from Boston University (DBA), Brown University (ScM and MA), and Fudan University (BA). Jie's research interest is in the area of sustainable service design where she focuses on performance analysis and incentive design. She is active in presenting her research at scholarly conferences. Her work has been published in the Journal of Service Management and the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. Jie is a founding member of the Industry Studies Association and a research associate of Cornell Center for Hospitality Research. Prior to joining UVM, Jie was a computer systems manager for nine years.
Industry Studies Association, Production Operations Management Society, Decision Sciences Institute.
Courses Currently Taught by Jie Zhang:
- BSAD 141 - Info Technology & Bus Systems FA 2014
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Heineke, J.; Verma, R. - "Eco-efficiency of Service Coproduction: Connecting Eco-certifications and Resource Efficiency in U.S. Hotels" (Refereed) - Cornell Hospitality Quarterly (CQ) - 2014 - v. 55, no. 3, pp. 252-264
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Signaling Eco-certification: Implications for Service Coproduction and Resource Efficiency" (Refereed) - Journal of Service Management - 2014 - v. 25, no. 4, pp. 499-511
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Exploring Resource Efficiency Benchmarks for Environmental Sustainability in Hotels" (Refereed) - Cornell Hospitality Quarterly - 2012 - v. 53, no. 3, pp. 229-241
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Pushing the Frontier of Sustainable Service Operations Management: Evidence from U.S. Hospitality Industry" (Refereed) - Journal of Service Management - 2012 - v. 23, no. 3, pp. 377-399 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Green Moments of Truth: Environmental Signaling Using Eco-Labels in High Contact Service Systems" (Refereed) - The La Londe Conference 2012 - The 12th International Research Conference in Service Management - 2012 - pp. 577-594
- Zhang, J. - "Go green together? An empirical investigation of the U.S. hospitality service supply chain" - ), QUIS 12 The 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, Cornell Center for Hospitality Research and POMS - 2011
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "An Empirical Test of Eco-certification Signaling in Services " (Refereed) - 13th Internatinal Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, QUIS 13 - 2013
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Why Multinational Corporations Still Need to Keep it Local: Environment, Operations, and Ownership in the Hospitality Industry" (Refereed) - MIT Press - 2013 ,
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Developing Measures for Environmental Sustainability Profiles in Hotels: An Exploratory Study" - Cornell Center for Hospitality Research - 2010
- Zhang, J.; Lawrence, B. C.; Anderson, C. - (Forthcoming) "An Agency Perspective on Service Triads: Linking Operational and Financial Performance" (Refereed) - Journal of Operations Management - 2013