- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Jie Zhang, DBA Assistant Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 205 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-0495
Office Hours: Tue&Thur 10-11:30am or by appointment
Dr. Zhang is an assistant professor of operations management and information systems at the School of Business Administration, University of Vermont. Her research interest centers on service coproduction, which describes the phenomenon that an service organization and its customers jointly create the service experience. Her research portfolio consists of projects that investigate critical issues in service operations management including environmental sustainability, operational configuration & performance, and service innovation & learning. Jie has published in Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Service Management and Cornell Hospitality Research. Prior to joining UVM, Jie was a computer systems manager for nine years.
Production Operations Management Society, Decision Sciences Institute, Industry Studies Association.
Courses Currently Taught by Jie Zhang:
- BSAD 141 - Info Technology & Bus Systems FA 2015
- Section A, 002 Kalkin 8:30-9:45 TR
- Section B, 004 Kalkin 11:40-12:55 TR
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Zhang, J.; Lawrence, B. C.; Anderson, C. - "An Agency Perspective on Service Triads: Linking Operational and Financial Performance" (Refereed) - Journal of Operations Management - 2014 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Heineke, J.; Verma, R. - "Eco-efficiency of Service Coproduction: Connecting Eco-certifications and Resource Efficiency in U.S. Hotels" (Refereed) - Cornell Hospitality Quarterly (CQ) - 2014 - v. 55, no. 3, pp. 252-264
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Signaling Eco-certification: Implications for Service Coproduction and Resource Efficiency" (Refereed) - Journal of Service Management - 2014 - v. 25, no. 4, pp. 499-511
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Exploring Resource Efficiency Benchmarks for Environmental Sustainability in Hotels" (Refereed) - Cornell Hospitality Quarterly - 2012 - v. 53, no. 3, pp. 229-241
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "Pushing the Frontier of Sustainable Service Operations Management: Evidence from U.S. Hospitality Industry" (Refereed) - Journal of Service Management - 2012 - v. 23, no. 3, pp. 377-399 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Green Moments of Truth: Environmental Signaling Using Eco-Labels in High Contact Service Systems" (Refereed) - The La Londe Conference 2012 - The 12th International Research Conference in Service Management - 2012 - pp. 577-594
- Zhang, J. - "Go green together? An empirical investigation of the U.S. hospitality service supply chain" - ), QUIS 12 The 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, Cornell Center for Hospitality Research and POMS - 2011
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N. R.; Verma, R. - "An Empirical Test of Eco-certification Signaling in Services " (Refereed) - 13th Internatinal Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, QUIS 13 - 2013
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Why Multinational Corporations Still Need to Keep it Local: Environment, Operations, and Ownership in the Hospitality Industry" (Refereed) - MIT Press - 2013 ,
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Heineke, J.; Verma, R. - "Exploring the Relationship between Eco-certifications and Resource Efficiency in U.S. Hotels" - Cornell Center for Hospitality Research - 2014
- Zhang, J.; Joglekar, N.; Verma, R. - "Developing Measures for Environmental Sustainability Profiles in Hotels: An Exploratory Study" - Cornell Center for Hospitality Research - 2010