- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Catherine Hamilton, Ph.D. Part-Time Lecturer I
Catherine Hamilton is not currently associated with the School of Business Administration at the University of Vermont.
Contact InformationOffice: none listed
Phone: 802-371-3625; c-238-8250
Dr. Hamilton has twenty years of health care planning, and management experience in non-profit, and public settings. She is currently Vice President of Strategic Planning at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont. She directs the development, execution, and monitoring of business strategy for the state of Vermont's leading Health Insurance Company with $900 million in annual revenues and six lines of business. In her role, she is responsible for:
- overseeing planning process for the senior leadership team
- working with the Board of Directors to align the organization's strategy and goals with the organization's mission and vision
- using a balanced scorecard approach to improve strategy execution and align the business plan with customer and stakeholder needs
- improving organizational performance using Malcolm Baldrige quality criteria
She also oversees the individual market serving 23,000 subscribers and includes Medicare supplemental products and Catamount Health, Vermont's product for the uninsured. She has served on a variety of non-profit Boards including the Community Health Center of Burlington and Women Helping Battered Women. Prior to coming to Vermont, Dr. Hamilton was a health insurance regulator in New York City serving Mayors Koch, Dinkins and Giuliani.
American Association of Health Plans Community Leadership Award (2003)
Best of Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield) Award for Innovations in Patient Safety (2002)
American Public Health Association (APHA) Medical Care Paper Award Competition (2001)
Commonwealth Fund Dissertation Grant for "The Power of Health Insurance on the Lives of Low Income Adults: A study of the effectiveness of the Vermont Health Access Plan" (1997)
Isaac Lieberman 100 Year Association Award for efficiency and community service presented by Mayor Giuliani (1995)
Sterling Spero Award for the best written work by a Wagner graduate student (1994)