- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Gove, Steven F Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Prevost, Andrew
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Hugh Marble III, Ph.D., CFA Assistant Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 308 Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-8273
Office Hours: MW 10:00am-11:00am on regular class days or by appointment
Dr. Marble III joined the faculty of UVM in 2007 after completing his PhD at the University of Florida. Before pursuing the PhD, he worked as a consultant for Public Financial Management, a firm specializing in providing capital market, financial and strategic advice to public debt issuers. He is a CFA charterholder and has an MBA from Rollins College and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Rhode Island. Dr. Marble's research looks at changes in credit ratings and also at the impact of debt contracts on firm incentives.
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Street, V. L.; Marble III, H.; Street, M. D. - "An Empirical Investigation of the Influence of Organizational Capacity and Environmental Dynamism on First Moves" (Refereed) - Journal of Managerial Issues - 2011 - v. XXIII, no. 3, pp. 269-300 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Marble III, H. - "Anatomy of a Ratings Change" (Refereed) - Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance - 2011 - v. 51, no. 1, pp. 105-112 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- Marble III, H. - "Secured Financing" - Wiley - 2010 , [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Marble III, H.; Brown, D. T. - "Investment Incentives and the Recourse Structure of Debt: Theory and Evidence" - 2009 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Marble III, H.; Brown, D. T. - "Secured Debt Financing and Leverage: Theory and Evidence" - Social Science Research network - 2006 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]