- Associate Professor
- Arel, Barbara Ph.D.
- Beaudoin, Cathy A. Ph.D.
- Bonifield, Carolyn M Ph.D.
- Cats-Baril, William L. Ph.D.
- Dempsey, Stephen J. Ph.D.
- Hughes, Susan B. Ph.D.
- Jones, David A. Ph.D.
- Lucas, Marilyn T. Ph.D.
- Monsen, Erik Ph.D
- Novak, David Ph.D.
- Parke, E. Lauck Ph.D.
- Tomas III, Michael J. Ph.D.
- Vanden Bergh, Richard G. Ph.D.
- Zhang, Chun Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer/Sr Lecturer
- Lecturer (Part Time)
- Faculty Emeritus
Chun Zhang, Ph.D. Associate Professor
Contact InformationOffice: 213A Kalkin
Phone: (802) 656-4116
Office Hours: Wed and Thur 2:00pm-3:00 pm or by appointment
Dr. Zhang joined UVM in the fall of 2005. She received her Ph.D. in Marketing and her M.S. degree in Agricultural Economics from Michigan State University. She also received her B.A. in Finance from Renmin University of China. Her research interests include relationship management challenges between organizations. In particular, she examines how relational norms govern and recover inter-organizational relationships in complex environments. For her work related to relationship management challenges in upstream supply chains, Dr. Zhang and her co-authors have received several research grants from MIT-IMVP (International Motor Vehicle Program). She and her co-author also received a General Research Fund awarded by the Research Grants Council in Hong Kong, the most competitive and prestigious research grant institution in Hong Kong. Her scholarly work has appeared in a number of top business journals including Journal of Operations Management, MIT Sloan Management Review, Journal of International Business Studies, and Journal of International Marketing. In 2008, Dr. Zhang received a Certificate of Recognition from the Michigan State University Broad College of Business in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of international business and innovation research. She is also the winner of 2013 Faculty Scholarship Recognition Award given by the School of Business Administration at the University of Vermont. Dr. Zhang has taught marketing management, international market analysis and marketing research at the School of Business since 2005. Her industry experience includes statistical analysis for the Risk Management Group at Kraft Foods Inc. and project intern work for the Euro-Asia Flower Trade Corporation, Beijing.
Courses Currently Taught by Chun Zhang:
- BSAD 150 - Marketing Management FA 2014
- Section A, 001 Kalkin 10:00-11:15 TR
- BSAD 258 - D2: Intnl Market Analysis FA 2014
- Section A, 003 Kalkin 11:30-12:45 TR
Journal Article, Academic Journal
- Huang, Y.; Stinquist, B.; Zhang, C.; Calantone, R. C. - "A Mixed-Method Study of the Effects of Guanxi between Salespersons and Buyers on Retailer-Supplier Relationships in China" (Refereed) - Journal of Marketing Channels - 2011 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C.; Viswanathan, S.; Henke Jr., J. W. - "The Boundary Spanning Capabilities of Purchasing Agents in Buyer-Supplier Trust Development" (Refereed) - Journal of Operations Management - 2011 - v. 29, no. 4, pp. 318-328 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Henke, Jr., J. W.; Zhang, C. - "Increasing Supplier-Driven Innovation " (Refereed) - MIT Sloan Management Review - 2010 - pp. 41-46 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C.; Henke Jr., J. W.; Griffith, D. A. - "Do Buyer Cooperative Actions Matter under Relational Stress? Evidence from Japanese and U.S. Assemblers in the U.S. Automotive Industry" (Refereed) - Journal of Operations Management - 2009 - v. 27, no. 6, pp. 479-494 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Henke Jr., J. W.; Yeniyurt, S.; Zhang, C. - "Supplier Price Concessions: A Longitudinal Empirical Study" (Refereed) - Marketing Letters - 2009 - v. 20, no. 1, pp. 61-74 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C.; Hu, Z.; Gu, F. F. - "Intra- and Interfirm Coordination of Export Manufacturers: A Cluster Analysis of Indigenous Chinese Exporters" (Refereed) - Journal of International Marketing - 2008 - v. 16, no. 3, pp. 108-135 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Griffith, D. A.; Zhang, C.; Cavusgil, S. T. - "Attributions of Noncooperative Incidents and Response Strategies: The Role of National Character" (Refereed) - Journal of World Business - 2006 - v. 41, pp. 356-367 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C.; Griffith, D. A.; Cavusgil, S. - "The Litigated Dissolution of International Distribution Relationships: A Process Framework and Propositions" (Refereed) - Journal of International Marketing/American Marketing Association - 2006 - v. 14, no. 2, pp. 85-115 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Cavusgil, S.; Delingonul, S.; Zhang, C. - "Curbing Foreign Distributor Opportunism: An Examination of Trust, Contracts, and The Legal Environment In International Channel Relationships" (Refereed) - Journal of International Marketing - 2004 - v. 12, no. 2, pp. 7-27 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Di Benedetto, C. A.; Calantone, R. J.; Zhang, C. - "International Technology Transfer: Model and Exploratory Study in the People's Republic of China" (Refereed) - International Marketing Review (Special Issue on New Product Development) - 2003 - v. 20, no. 4, pp. 446-462 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C.; Cavusgil, S. T.; Roach, A. S. - "Manufacturer Governance of Foreign Distributor Relationships: Do Relational Norms Enhance Competitiveness In The Export Market?" (Refereed) - Journal of International Business Studies - 2003 - v. 34, no. 6, pp. 550-566 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Cavusgil, S. T.; Chan, K.; Zhang, C. - "Strategic Orientations in Export Pricing: A Clustering Approach to Create Firm Taxonomies" (Refereed) - Journal of International Marketing - 2003 - v. 11, no. 1, pp. 47-72 [View publication] [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C. - (Forthcoming) "Reciprocity between buyer cost-sharing and supplier willingness to invest in technology " (Refereed) - American Marketing Association - 2013
- Zhang, C. - "Linking Boundary Spanners??? Capability with a Firm???s Relational Capital -- A Cross-Country Study of Managing Buyer-Supplier Relations" - Academy of International Business Annual Conference, Academy of International Business - 2008
- Zhang, C.; Hu, Z. - "Coordination Practices of Export Manufacturers: A Cluster Analysis of Indigenous Chinese Exporters" (Refereed) - Academy of Marketing Science - 2007
- Zhang, C.; Cavusgil, S. A.; Griffith, D. A.; Zhao, M. - "Recuperative Strategies to Non-cooperative Incidents in International Distribution Partnerships" (Refereed) - Academy of International Business/American Marketing Association - 2006 [View publication]
- Zhang, C. - "Managing Salesperson Opportunism: The Relational Governance Mechanisms" (Refereed) - American Marketing Association Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings - 2003
- Zhang, C.; Cavusgil , S. T.; Delinogul, S. Z. - "The Role of Relational Governance and Formal Governance on Foreign Distributor Opportunism in Diverse Legal and Institutional Environment" (Refereed) - American Marketing Association Summer Educators' Conference Proceedings - 2003
Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book-New
- McIntosh, B.; Zhang, C. - (Forthcoming) "Aging challenges in China???s workforce: demographic projections, labor market dynamics and solutions" - 2014 ,
- McIntosh, B.; Zhang, C. - "Aging: the Role of Work and Changing Implications in the United States and China" - Springer Publishing - 2012 ,
- Di Benedetto, C. A.; Calantone, R. J.; Zhang, C. - "Model and exploratory study in the People's Republic of China" (Refereed) - 2003 - v. 20, no. 4, pp. 446-462 [Show/Hide Abstract]
- Zhang, C. - "Book Review: Relationship between Exporters and Their Foreign Sales and Marketing Intermediaries" - International Business Review - 2007 ,
- Zhang, C. - "The Chinese Market In Foreign Eyes: A Review of 400 Million Customers and Oil for the Lamps of China" - Journal of Macromarketing - 2004 - v. 24, no. 2, , [View publication]