Thinking of pursuing a Master of Accountancy degree?
Think UVM MAcc!
- Complete a curriculum designed to help you succeed
- Learn from great faculty members
- Enjoy small classes
- Live in a vibrant small city
- Take advantage of 4 seasons of outdoor activities
- Pursue excellent career opportunities
- Be part of our CPA pass rate success:
- 2013 first-year pass rate = 83.3%;
- 2014 ranked 20th of 251 mid-size program
Accounting: one of the strongest areas of professional job growth
The Grossman School of Business recently refocused the Master of Accountancy (MAcc) curriculum to sharpen students' skills in the core areas of business communication, career development, ethics and research while continuing to emphasize the solid foundation in accounting that can lead our graduates to successful careers in public accounting firms or corporate accounting.
The 30-hour MAcc Program is designed to be completed in less than one year by starting in August and finishing in May. International students generally spread their studies over two academic years.
MAcc alumni have great success on the CPA exam, as evidenced by the 83.3% 2013 First Time CPA Exam Pass Rate according to www.mastersinaccounting.info. Most alumni began their accounting careers in with public accounting firms ranging in size from the Big-4 to small, single-office entities.
The University of Vermont (UVM) program is ideal for those individuals who:
- studied accounting as undergraduates;
- earned undergraduate degrees in areas other than accounting who now want to prepare for successful careers with public accounting firms or in corporate accounting; or
- who seek additional knowledge about United States generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
Last modified December 18 2015 01:08 PM