FERC Past Conferences - 2005
Portland Oregon, May 21-22, 2005
- Mark Green - Austin Family Business Program, Oregon State University
- Pramodita Sharma, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
- Twenty-five proposals received were reviewed by 33 review board members.
- Fifty-five scholars were in attendance in Portland.
- Participants came from many different countries including Canada, Finland, Germany, India, Italy, Peru, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and US.
- Keynote speakers, Panelists and Discussants included Sharon Danes, Paula Danskin, Kelin Gersick, Mark Green, Tim Habbershon, Ramona Heck, Dennis Jaffe, Andrew Keyt, Greg McCann, Paivi Penttila, Ernesto Poza, Bill Schulze, Tom Schwarz, Pramodita Sharma, Alex Stewart, Paul Westhead, David Waldman.
- The Best Paper Proposal was awarded to Stephanie De Pontet, Carsten Wrosch and Marylene Gagne from Concordia University for their proposal entitled: What facilitates family business transmission? The adaptive role of goal adjustment and autonomous motivation - A longitudinal follow-up.
- The Honorable Mention was awarded to Sabine Klein, Torsten Pieper and Peter Jaskiewics from the European Business School for their proposal entitled: Antecedents for Agency and Stewardship orientation in corporate governance: The role of culture.
- A number of senior scholars new to family business field were present, as were seasoned FB scholars.
- About ten doctoral students were in attendance.
- Sessions were generally well received leading to exciting discussions.
- Many presenters reworked their papers considerably based on the feedback from reviewers and expressed much appreciation for their time and valuable suggestions.
- Overall, a great inaugural conference!
To see FERC's 2005 photo gallery please visit Conference Photos
Last modified June 27 2012 10:40 AM