Clubs and Organizations
Clubs and student organizations aren't just fun and social - they're excellent networking and leadership opportunities. Dabble in any of the following, and begin to see yourself in the business world:
The Accounting Club is a student-run and faculty-advised club that helps with necessary career building such as: resume and interview workshops, information sessions on professional certification processes (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA), and networks with accounting firms as well as prominent alumni. The club travels to the Boston area every year to meet with UVM alums in major accounting firms such as PriceWaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.
- Club Leaders President Michael Reavill (email@example.com) and Vice President Daniel Fahey(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty Advisors Susan Hughes (email@example.com), Joanne Pencak (Joanne.Pencak@uvm.edu), Barb Arel (Barbara.Arel@uvm.edu)
The Marketing Club is a student-run, faculty-advised organization which offers its members an opportunity to build contacts, improve networking skills, and increase their knowledge of the marketing profession. Highlight of each year include live case studies and hands-on projects, professional development programs and social events.
- Club Leaders Amelia Dupuis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jana Gailiunas (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor Amy Tomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enactus is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurship action to enable human progress. Enactus students apply business concepts to develop community outreach projects, transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
- Club President Will Nedds (william.nedds.@uvm.edu)
- Faculty Advisor Thomas Chittenden (email@example.com)
The UVM Entrepreneurship Club is a faculty-led organization that helps students pursue entrepreneurship as a career path through discussion forums, guest speaker events, and start-up competitions.
The Entrepreneurship Club is a place for all students across the university to share and cultivate their ideas. Club meetings offer a venue for sharing ideas and learning from others who have turned concepts into businesses. Members will receive advice from successful entrepreneurs, professional networking opportunities, resources to foster and develop ideas, involvement/leadership in a growing UVM organization.
If you are interested in participating in the Entrepreneurship Club please contact Erik Monsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisor Erik Monsen (email@example.com
Finance and Investment Club
Members of the Finance and Investment Club discuss the current trends of the market, key in on the hot stocks to watch, and learn how to become responsible investors by participating in a virtual online investment competition with fake money and real time. The club takes an annual networking trip to New York City to meet with prominent alums working on Wall Street.
- Club President David Jamrog (firstname.lastname@example.org), club treasurer Rehana Pothiawala (email@example.com
- Faculty Advisor Michael Tomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Advisory Committee (SAC)
SAC works with the Dean of the Grossman School of Business to increase communication between students, faculty, and staff. The goal of the club is to improve the quality of education and atmosphere at the School of Business. Members of the SAC commit themselves to the following values: innovation, leadership, and collaboration. Membership in the SAC is by application.
- Co-Presidents Mindy Yeung (email@example.com) and Roger Dagama (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor Amanda Simpfenderfer (Amanda.Simpfenderfer@uvm.edu)
Last modified October 05 2015 01:18 PM