Clubs and Organizations
Clubs and student organizations aren't just fun and social - they're excellent networking and leadership opportunities. Dabble in any of the following, and begin to see yourself in the business world:
The Accounting Club is a student-run and faculty-advised club that helps with necessary career building such as: resume and interview workshops, information sessions on professional certification processes (i.e., CPA, CMA, CIA), and networks with accounting firms as well as prominent alumni. The club travels to the Boston area every year to meet with UVM alums in major accounting firms such as PriceWaterhouseCoopers, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.
- Club Leaders Stephanie Preter (email@example.com) and Katie Maccarone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty Advisors Susan Hughes (email@example.com) and Barbara Arel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Marketing Club is a student-run, faculty-advised organization which offers its members an opportunity to build contacts, improve networking skills, and increase their knowledge of the marketing profession. Highlight of each year include live case studies and hands-on projects, professional development programs and social events.
- Club Leaders Bianca Mohn (email@example.com), Amelia Dupuis (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Jana Gailiunas (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor Amy Tomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Enactus is a community of student, academic, and business leaders committed to using the power of entrepreneurship action to enable human progress. Enactus students apply business concepts to develop community outreach projects, transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world.
- Club President Amelia Traynor (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor Thomas Chittenden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Finance and Investment Club
Members of the Finance and Investment Club discuss the current trends of the market, key in on the hot stocks to watch, and learn how to become responsible investors by participating in a virtual online investment competition with fake money and real time. The club takes an annual networking trip to New York City to meet with prominent alums working on Wall Street.
- Club President Federico Garau (email@example.com)
- Faculty Advisor Michael Tomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Student Advisory Committee (SAC)
SAC works with the Dean of the School of Business Administration to increase communication between students, faculty, and staff. The goal of the club is to improve the quality of education and atmosphere at the School of Business. Members of the SAC commit themselves to the following values: innovation, leadership, and collaboration. Membership in the SAC is by application.
- Co-Chairs Adam Kaufman (email@example.com) and Jeremy Schildkamp (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor Emily Pendergraft (email@example.com)
Last modified November 14 2014 08:32 AM