We are the Catamounts
The UVM Catamounts — 18 varsity teams (8 for men, 10 for women) — compete at the NCAA Division I level and are members of the America East Conference, the Hockey East Association and the Eastern Intercollegiate Skiing Association. Go directly to the Athletics website.
The Catamounts excel on the field and in the classroom. Vermont is the only school in America East history to have won the Academic Cup seven straight years (2005-2011) — the cup is presented to the institution whose student-athletes post the highest grade-point averages during that academic year. UVM student-athletes also participate in community service and outreach projects around the state of Vermont.
- Ski team won its sixth NCAA National Championship in 2012. Read >>
- Men's basketball team won its fifth America East Championship in 2012. Read >>
- Men's basketball team advanced to the NCAA Tournament and won a first-round game for the second time in the program's history. Read >>
- Men's hockey and women's basketball teams earned back-to-back to trips to the NCAA Tournament in 2009 and 2010.
- Hockey team advanced to the Frozen Four in 2009.
- Women's basketball team won its first NCAA Tournament game in 2010.
Interested in becoming a Catamount?
If you are interested in becoming a member of a varsity athletic team at UVM, you are encouraged to contact the head coach of the team in your junior year of high school.
Get in touch: The best way to make initial contact is to write, fax or e-mail a letter of introduction and an athletic resume to: Coach's name, Department of Athletics, Patrick Gym, University of Vermont, Burlington VT 05401. Phone: (802) 656-3075. Find out each sport's coach, or complete the online questionnaires for each sport.
Fans can enjoy live free streaming of all UVM home games via CatamounTV, view highlights and features on the CatamounTV YouTube page. Fans can also like the Catamounts via Facebook, follow us on Twitter and by coming to games — buy tickets and read the latest happenings in Catamount country.
Last modified February 13 2013 01:44 PM