Examining White Privilege Retreat:
The ALANA Student Center (ASC) and a dedicated committee of campus colleagues are excited to announce Examining White Privilege: A Retreat for Undergraduate Students Who Self-Identify as White. It’s a new retreat specifically for white students to engage in building a stronger and inclusive campus community.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- conceptualize and articulate whiteness from a personal and systematic lens;
- recognize and understand white privilege from an individual experience
- as well as the impact of white privilege on the UVM community and beyond;
- build a community of dialogue and support in taking action against racism.
We will explore questions like:
- What does it mean to be white? How does whiteness impact you?
- What action steps can you take individually to interrupt racism?
- How can we make UVM a more inclusive community?
The retreat is FREE and will be held February 6-8 at the Common Ground Family Center in Starksboro, VT (meals are provided). Please complete this application by Monday, January 19 at Midnight.
The committee will review all applications and be in touch by Friday, Jan 23.