Examining White Privilege Retreat:
The ALANA Student Center (ASC) and a dedicated committee of campus colleagues are excited to announce Examining White Privilege: A Retreat for Undergraduate Students Who Self-Identify as White. It’s a new retreat specifically for white students to engage in building a stronger and inclusive campus community.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- conceptualize and articulate whiteness from a personal and systematic lens;
- recognize and understand white privilege from an individual experience
- as well as the impact of white privilege on the UVM community and beyond;
- build a community of dialogue and support in taking action against racism.
We will explore questions like:
- What does it mean to be white? How does whiteness impact you?
- What action steps can you take individually to interrupt racism?
- How can we make UVM a more inclusive community?