Summer Enrichment Scholars Program
SESP is a FREE summer bridge program offered to UVM incoming first-year students of color and bi/multi-racial students. First-generation , and students with limited income are also eligible for this summer program and encouraged to apply. SESP provides the opportunity for first-year students to adjust to their new environment and addresses the challenges they will potentially face during their transition from high school to college. SESP is sponsored by the ALANA (African, Latino/a, Asian, Native American) Student Center at UVM.
As an SESP participant, you receive the following foundational skills and experiences that are essential as you prepare to become a successful college student:
* Live in a residence hall
* Take courses that can be used for college credit (Potential courses offered include Math 09 & 17, English 01, Sociology 19)
* Forge lasting friendships with a diverse group of people
* Gain valuable knowledge of UVM resources, including academic and professional contacts
* Participate in both fun and educational activities!
* Earn money! (Participants are assigned a paid part-time job. Potential job sites include: Student Life, Rubenstein School, School of Business, LGBTQA Center, and more)
SESP 2015 APPLICATION
For more information, contact ASC or call (802) 656-3819
Questions or comments about this website should be directed to the webmaster email@example.com