Summer Enrichment Scholars Program
SESP is a FREE summer bridge program offered to UVM incoming first-year students of color and bi/multi-racial students. First-generation , and students with limited income are also eligible for this summer program and encouraged to apply. SESP provides the opportunity for first-year students to adjust to their new environment and addresses the challenges they will potentially face during their transition from high school to college. SESP is sponsored by the ALANA (African, Latino/a, Asian, Native American) Student Center at UVM.
As an SESP participant, you recieve the following foundational skills and experiences that are essential as you prepare to become a successful college student:
* Live in a residence hall
* Take courses that can be used for college credit(Potential courses offered include Math 09, Math 17, English 01, Anthro 96)
* Forge lasting friendships with a diverse group of people
* Gain valuable knowledge of UVM resources, including academic and professional contacts.
* Participate in both fun and educational activities!
* Earn money! (Participants are assigned a paid part-time job. Potential job sites include: Student Life, Rubenstein School, School of Business, LGBTQA Center, and more.)
For more information, contact Khristian Kemp-DeLisser or call (802) 656-1250
Questions or comments about this website should be directed to the webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org