ALANA Spring Awards Banquet
The ALANA Spring Awards Banquet is a celebration
of the achievements of ALANA students and their allies
at the end of every academic year. There is 100% participation
with each college or school represented by a faculty
or staff member who delivers the award for that particular
academic unit. In many cases, advisors and professors who have
been mentors to students are present during the awards ceremony.
The ALANA Awards Banquet will be held on April 15th, 2016 at the Maple Silver Ballroom, Davis Center
Nominations for Awards
Nominations are due by March 28th at 11:59PM
Please provide specific examples on how the nominee(s) has proven their commitment to the UVM ALANA Community
- Ram Vincent-Bryan Community Builders Award: Recognizes an undergraduate student(s) of color who contributes to the UVM ALANA community through their intentional community building.
- Rodney S. Patterson Award: Awarded to a first-year student(s) of color who demonstrates a commitment to academic success and creating a better environment for the UVM ALANA Community.
- Alan B. Urgent Award: This award recognizes an undergraduate student(s) of color who embody the spirit of advocacy and social justice.
- Lufuno Tshikororo Award: Awarded to an undergraduate student(s) of color who have demonstrated emerging leadership at UVM.
- Roger Summers Award: Recognizing an undergraduate student(s) who has affected the UVM ALANA community through their leadership and vision.
- Angela Batista Award: An undergraduate student(s) of color who has demonstrated a commitment to social justice and change through anti-racist work.
- Staff and Faculty Award: A staff and/or faculty member of color who has displayed continual commitment to Leadership, Advocacy, and Social Justice.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Awarded to a graduate student of color who has worked to improve the climate at the University of Vermont.
- Club Advisor:Awarded to an ALANA-affiliated organization’s advisor (formal or informal) for mentorship, guidance, and dedication to student development.
- Tim Shiner Ally Award: Awarded to an ally(s) (student, staff, and/or faculty) who demonstrates a strong commitment to work within the UVM ALANA community in an effort to create social change
--In the context of race, The ALANA Student Center defines an ally to be someone who possesses a dominant identity (White) and works to build community and education around racial identities that are marginalized on this campus--
Last modified April 12 2016 11:29 AM