We Can Help
The Campus Victim's Advocate, Judy Rickstad, provides advocacy, referrals and support for faculty, staff and students who have experienced some form of sexual violence, relationship violence and/or stalking. These services are provided to all members of the UVM community, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, income level, ability, education or other forms of identity.
- Free and confidential support in person or by phone
- Information and referrals about support systems and processes available on the UVM campus and in the community immediately after an incident and/or for aftercare (i.e. years after experiencing childhood sexual abuse)
- Advocacy with faculty and/or staff to meet victim's needs (such as addressing concerns about housing relocation, academic relief, etc.)
- Accompaniment during medical, legal, criminal justice and/or judicial proceedings
- Support for family and friends
If you know someone who has experienced violence...
The victim's advocate can:
- Provide information about how to help
- Discuss available resources on and off campus
Call the Women's Center at 656-7892 to set up an appointment with the Victim's Advocate, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Last modified August 22 2013 01:47 PM