For More Information

Conservation Land Trusts

These nonprofit organizations work with farmers and other individuals, neighborhood groups, local organizations, and local and state government to conserve land for agriculture, forestry, and recreational uses. They arrange the donation and purchase of conservation easements on farmland, including historic preservation notification provisions.

Graduate Program in Historic Preservation

Department of History, Wheeler House, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405. (802)656-3180. Master's-level graduate program in Historic Preservation.

Preservation Institute for the Building Crafts

Historic Windsor, Inc., Judy Hayward, Executive Director, PO Box 1777, Windsor, VT 05089. (802)674-6752. Non-profit group providing training in building preservation skills.

Preservation Trust of Vermont

Windsor House, PO Box 1777, Windsor, VT 05089. Paul Bruhn, Executive Director, 104 Church St., Burlington, VT 05401. (802)658-6647. Non-profit group promoting historic preservation.

Natural Resource Conservation Service

U.S. Department of Agriculture. Regional offices throughout Vermont. Government program providing erosion and pollution control and prevention services to farms.

National Trust for Historic Preservation

Northeast Regional Office, 7 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02109. (617)523-0885. Regional office of national non-profit membership organization chartered by Congress that promotes historic preservation and community revitalization.

Vermont Division for Historic Preservation

National Life Building, Drawer 20, Montpelier, VT 05620-0501. (802)828-3211. State Historic Preservation Office coordinating state and federal protection and promotion of historic and archeological resources.

Vermont Department of Agriculture, Food and Markets

116 State Street, Drawer 20, Montpelier, VT 05620-2901. (802)828-2416. State agency licensing and promoting agriculture.

Vermont Housing and Conservation Board

136 1/2 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05602. (802)828-3250. State-created independent authority that administers public funds for land conservation and affordable housing.

© 1995 Vermont Division for Historic Preservation and Vermont Housing and Conservation Board. All rights reserved.


Forward to Credits...

Back to the Table of Contents...