Fellowships, Opportunities, and Undergraduate Research
Enrich your education and push your intellectual limits with nationally competitive fellowships, scholarships and grants competitions. These awards may provide merit scholarships for the last years of undergraduate education, for graduate education both in the US and abroad, or even for travel and independent research not tied to an academic institution. Fellowships advisors are available to meet with you one-on-one to discuss your interests and to see how national awards may fit into your long-term plans. Fellowships, Opportunities, and Undergraduate Research (FOUR) offers an array of valuable resources for all UVM students, helping with their intellectual development through research and scholarly engagement, and by exploring and pursuing competitive fellowships.
Fellowships and National Scholarships are:
- Available to all students regardless of class year, discipline, or long-term professional goals. See a complete list of fellowship opportunities.
- For high-achieving students who have big dreams and an idea of how they want to accomplish them. Fellowships help provide the means.
- Unique and useful ways to clarify personal, academic, or career goals. Meet past recipients of national scholarship and fellowships.
- More than just dollar awards; they open doors to opportunity and to large networks of people who share your values, interests, and goals. Read more about one student's take on the value of national awards.
- Opportunities for those who have done well in the classroom, have pursued leadership opportunities, and have taken the opportunity to engage in their intellectual passions.
We can help you:
- Explore Research, Scholarship, & Creative Interests
- Find a research project that matches personal interests, classes, or past experience
- Articulate your goals for the future –near and long-term
- Find faculty with relevant interests to yours
- Access a faculty database of current research
- Begin to think of research and scholarship goals
- Conduct research for positive change (community-based research and beyond)
- Fund your research or creative endeavors (OUR grants)
- Create a research budget
- Troubleshoot research protocols
- Navigate campus research protocols
- Attend to risk and safety concerns
- Complete financial reporting and accounting