UVM Hires Students
UVM hires over 3,000 student employees each year.
Download the Student Jobs Board Step by Step Guide.
Check out the Student Employment Handbook.
Read the Supervisor Agreement.
Becoming a Student Employee Supervisor
Use the [+] to reveal more information.
Register for a Student Employment Jobs Board account
- Navigate to JobX.
- Select the applicable "Employer" type: On Campus Employers or Off Campus Employers
- Select "request a login for a new jobs board account"
- Login using your UVM netid and password
- Review the Employer Training Presentation or follow the on-screen instructions
- Review the Supervisor Agreement and submit your confirmation
Hiring a Student
Once you have created an account through JobX you may wish to hire a student. All undergraduates and graduates with work study must be hired through the SEO Jobs Board.
Once you have made a student employee hire request:
- The Student Employment Office will review your request for approval.
- Watch for your confirmation e-mail from the Student Employment Office confirming that your hire request has been approved (notifications are immediately after a request has been approved). If your student hire does not have an I-9 on file, they will need to complete this process prior to beginning work.
I-9/Eligibility to Work in the U.S.
Please refer to the I-9 Verification Procedure
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to confirm in PeopleSoft using the above I-9 report you’re your student employee has completed their I-9. A student may not work until they have completed the form and the indicator is at yes.
Please note: under no circumstances may students be permitted to begin work until they have a valid I-9 on file. Instances of students beginning work prior to having a valid I-9 on file will be considered to be in violation of the supervisor terms and conditions agreement and jeopardize their hiring privileges.
Questions regarding the I-9 verification query should be directed to HRSinfo@uvm.edu or (802) 656-3150. If you have questions specific to student employment, email email@example.com or call (802) 656-5705.