University of Vermont

Student Financial Services

Returning Undergraduate Student Scholarships

Please review the following scholarship information for returning undergraduate students. Students who have received scholarships as incoming first-year students should refer to their specific scholarship literature to determine if the scholarship is renewable and if so, to determine the criteria for renewal.

AmeriCorps Scholarship (Application Required)

  • Any student (graduate, undergraduate, or medical) enrolled in a degree program at the University of Vermont who has completed AmeriCorps service in Vermont and has been awarded a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is eligible to apply.
  • AmeriCorps Scholarships provide a 50% match to the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for one academic year of study.
  • Four (4) scholarships are awarded each year; recipeints are notified in August.
  • For information about how to apply.

Bernard Osher Foundation Reentry Scholarship (Application Required)

  • For students seeking their degree after a significant break in their studies.
  • Awards are generally $2000 for the academic year.
  • Apply online.

Robert Noyce Scholarship (Application Required)

  • The Robert Noyce Scholarship for Math and Science Teachers provides scholarships for undergraduate science majors to become teachers in high need school districts.
  • Recipients must teach two years in a high need school district for each year that scholarship funds are received.
  • Learn more and apply at the Noyce Scholarship website.

Leroy Ingalls 4-H Scholarship (Leroy Ingalls Scholarship Application Required)

  • For current University of Vermont students with “outstanding merit in character and 4-H club record and scholastic attainment in college.” The 4-H experience may come from Vermont or any other state.
  • The award is available every academic year and will be granted in the second semester; the monetary value will vary each year.
  • For questions, please contact UVM Extension at (802) 656-0311.

Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships

  • Eligibility determined by ROTC, please contact Military Studies at (802) 656-5757.
  • Annual Scholarship assistance of full tuition and fees.
  • U.S. citizenship required.
  • Visit the UVM Army ROTC website for more specific information.
  • General information about Army ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Army ROTC website.

Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships

  • Offered through a dual enrollment agreement among UVM, Norwich University and Air Force ROTC.
  • ROTC instruction provided on the campus of Norwich University.
  • Eligibility determined by Air Force ROTC.
  • Annual Scholarship assistance of full tuition and fees.
  • U.S. citizenship required.
  • Learn more about the Air Force ROTC Detachment 867 at the Norwich ROTC website.
  • General information about Air Force ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Air Force ROTC website.

UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship (Application Required)

  • A student must be 100% eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program. If you are unsure of your eligibility, please contact the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Only Out-of-State Undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
  • Unlimited scholarships for Out-of-State Undergraduate students.
  • For complete Terms and Conditions, please click here.
  • Maximum scholarship amounts are estimated at $11,532 per year for Out-of-State Undergraduate students.
  • Students who are awarded the UVM Yellow Ribbon Scholarship will receive a matching Yellow Ribbon Scholarship from the VA.
  • Students awarded this scholarship must renew annually.

UVM College/Departmental Scholarship Resources

Additional scholarship resources may be available through a student's Dean's Office.

External Scholarship Opportunities

Last modified July 28 2016 09:01 AM

Talk to us! View our hours223 Waterman Building85 South Prospect StreetBurlington, Vt 05405Phone: (802) 656-5700Fax: (802) 656-4076E-mail:
Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131