Student Financial Services
Information for Funded Graduate Students
Applying for financial aid
- Funded graduate students may apply for federal financial aid to assist in covering charges not covered by the graduate college or their department; and to assist with living expenses. The FAFSA is the first step in applying for financial aid. You will also need to submit a Graduate Student Data form to our office. See our Applying for Financial Aid section for more details.
- So that we can provide you with the most accurate financial aid award possible, please complete your Graduate Student Data form in full and as accurately as possible. Once the form has been submitted, notify our office by e-mail (email@example.com) of any changes to your enrollment plans and/or funding.
- The following factors will impact your financial aid eligibility:
- The number of credits in which you are enrolled per semester.
- Any tuition/fee/health insurance amounts being paid by the graduate college and/or your department.
- Payments made by the graduate college and/or your department to cover the difference between the out-of-state and in-state rates of tuition.
- Stipend amounts, unless your stipend is for work performed at the University.
Settling your Bill
While you may be anticipating funding to cover most or all of your charges, it remains your responsibility to settle your bill in full before the bill due date. If your bill is not settled by the due date, you will be assessed a $250 late payment fee and a hold will be placed on your student records. If your bill shows a balance due, you must respond to your bill even if another department on campus knows how your bill will be paid.
If the outstanding balance on your bill will be covered by a payroll deduction, your payroll deduction must be in place before the bill due date.
If you are expecting the Graduate College or your department to pay some or all of your charges – notify our office of this expected payment. Do not assume that the payment by the Graduate College or department will be received by the due date.
Last modified April 22 2015 03:48 PM