Student Financial Services
External (Outside) Scholarship Resources
You may click on the following links to jump directly to the information of interest to you, or just scroll down.
Please note: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) warns students and their families to take caution when using scholarship search companies. Students should beware of any organization that guarantees or promises scholarships or grants, or charges a fee to search or apply for scholarships. For more information, or to report a scam, visit the FTC's $cholarship $cams website.
Scholarship Resources for Underrepresented Students
Use our Scholarship Resource Database for Students Who are Underrepresented. The database includes scholarship information for students who identify with the following groups: African American, Asian & Pacific Islander, Students with Disabilities, Latino/a, LGBTQ, Native American, and Women.
Scholarship Resources for Vermont Residents
Vermont Teacher Diversity Scholarship Program
The Vermont Teacher Diversity Scholarship Program is a non-profit loan cancellation program that supports students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds who want to enter the teaching profession.
- Selection criteria includes racial/ethnic diversity, leadership qualities, experience working with children, commitment to teaching in Vermont, and academic potential.
- Recipients are chosen by selection committees throughout the state of Vermont.
- For more information and to apply visit the Vermont Teacher Diversity Scholarship Program website.
The Vermont Society of Engineers seeks to encourage the development of Vermont's next generation of talented and dedicated engineers, and thus offers the VSE Education and Research Foundation Scholarship each year. For more information about VSE, visit their website, www.vsoe.org.
Scholarship criteria and application information:
- Students must be enrolled in an Engineering curriculum at the University of Vermont, Norwich University or Vermont Technical College.
- Students must have graduated (or will have graduated) from a Vermont high school and be in good academic standing.
- VSE Scholars are awarded a scholarship of $2,000 per year.
- Applications are available in March each year, and must be submitted to the Student Financial Services (SFS) office by April 30th. Selected students are notified in August.
- Recipients for 2013-14 have been selected.
- Download the application for 2014-2015 here, or pick one up in the office of Student Financial Services.
- Vermont Student Assistance Scholarship Library, 10 East Allen Street, Winooski, VT 05404; (800) 642-3177
Scholarship Resources for International Students
- International Scholarships.com
- International Education Financial Aid
- American Association of University Women
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- Education Vermont USA
Scholarship Search Websites
The following websites offer search features that may be of assistance during your scholarship search:
- College Board
- College Resource Network
- College Scholarships.org
- Super College.com
- Scholarship America
Outside Scholarship Foundations
- Adirondack Community Trust
- Alpha Chapter Student Teaching Scholarship
- American Association of Railroad Superintendents
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship Programs
- Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship
- Association of California Water Agencies
- Bureau of Jewish Education
- Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation
- Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies Scholarship
- Daniel Kovach Scholarship Foundation
- Dearborn Foundation
- Foundation for Seacoast Health
- Foundation of the National Student Nurse Association
- Fund for Veterans' Education
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Horace Smith Fund
- Institue for Human Studies at George Mason University
- Iris-Samuel Rothman Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- John Gyles Education Awards
- Microsoft College Scholarships
- Microsoft - Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
- NASA Aeronautics Scholarship Program
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Poultry & Food Distributors Assoc. Scholarship Foundation
- Native American and First Generation Student Scholarships
- New England Direct Marketing Association Foundation
- New England Employee Benefits Council
- Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- Phi Delta Kappa
- Phillips Foundation
- Price Chopper's Golub Foundation
- St. Andrews's Society of the State of New York
- State Farm Companies Foundation
- The Samuel Huntington Public Service Award
- UNCF Merck Science Initiative
- AT&T Foundation Scholarship Program
- VA Mortgage Center
- Visine Students with Vision
You may also want to view the list of member organizations of the National Scholarship Providers Association.
Last modified March 10 2014 02:38 PM