Department of Risk Management & Safety
Occupational Health Care
Care for work-related medical problems and occupational health assessments are available to UVM employees. Risk Management & Safety can help supervisors coordinate these services.
Health Assessments & Monitoring
are currently provided through Concentra
Centers, 7 Fayette Road, So. Burlington, VT 05403. Call
802-658-5756 for appointments.
Please use the AUTHORIZATION
for EXAMINATION or TREATMENT form [PDF] when visiting
Concentra services include:
Evaluation & treatment of minor injuries & acute illnesses that occur on the job. For example, if an employee is injured on the job, s/he should first seek treatment from her/his primary care provider, hospital emergency room, or Concentra; be sure to indicate that the injury occurred while on the job. The supervisor should be notified of this injury as soon as possible. For more info, see Workers' Compensation section.
- Return-to-work assessments after medical leave to assist
employees and their supervisor in defining any work
- Periodic examinations required for employment in certain areas
such as medical clearance for respirator use and health
assessment of animal handlers.
- Drug and alcohol testing as required under the Omnibus
Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991 for employees
holding a commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Medical consultations for departments.
- Medical monitoring, as may be required by OSHA
regulations, including HAZMAT.
- Preventative job-related programs such as immunizations.
Last modified September 07 2012 10:27 AM