University of Vermont

Transfer F-1 Student Information

Transferring to UVM

If you have applied to and been accepted by UVM, and are currently attending an American high school or college in F-1 status, we need to coordinate with your current school to transfer your F-1 record to UVM in the SEVIS database. Please note that this is a separate procedure from the academic transfer you must also complete.

If you are transferring into UVM, please notify your International Student Coordinator. You and your current International Student Office will need to complete the transfer form (PDF) and fax it to (802) 656-8553.

After we receive notification of your admission to UVM, documentation of sufficient financial resources, and the transfer form, then we will proceed with the issuance of an I-20 form.

Following arrival at UVM: You must bring your I-20, passport and I-94 card to the Office of International Education on campus within two weeks of your arrival. Failure to do so will result in a loss of your legal student status.

Last modified January 19 2011 02:32 PM

Contact UVM © 2017 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131