University of Vermont

International Student Housing

Undergraduate Housing

It is crucial for all incoming international students to be in contact with the Department of Residential Life regarding on-campus housing. First-time first year students will be placed in on-campus housing but they MUST be in touch with the Department of Residential Life in order to receive their housing assignment.

Graduate Housing

Graduate and non-traditional students may be eligible for university housing. Students must be in touch with Apartments and Family Housing and submit an application for on-campus housing.

If you are searching for off-campus housing we can offer you the links below as a starting place. You may also wish to check out GRADNET.

Apartment Complexes Close to UVM

On the Internet

It is quite easy to search for housing on the internet although usually the landlord or roommate will want to meet you first before renting a room or apartment. Also, please take care when communicating with people over internet. If anyone requests that you send money by wire transfer or through some other means this may be an internet scam so please be aware and protect yourself.

  • UVM's Office of Student & Community Relations hosts an off-campus housing database ( which is available to students, faculty, and staff. On this site UVM affiliates can:
    • Search for off-campus housing
    • Find a UVM roommate
    • Post free sublet ads
    • Buy/sell/giveaway stuff
    • Find helpful off-campus living resources

Last modified March 23 2016 03:46 PM

Contact UVM © 2016 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131