Built in the 1840's, this three bay wide Greek Revival building
has a gable front with cornice returns. A three bay wide porch
with turned posts extends across the front of the façade.
The front door has three-quarter fanlights and a transom. Windows
are two over two double-hung sashes symmetrically arranged and
capped with stone lintels. A triangular panel with a blind pointed
window occupies the gable. Brick bearing walls on a stone foundation
carry a wood truss roof covered with slate shingles.
The house may have been constructed for Samuel Huntington, a bookseller who had a shop at the corner of Church and College. At present the building houses 8 apartments. (1)