Three bays wide, this Greek revival structure has a pedimented
entry porch with turned posts and brackets, which wraps around
the south side of the façade. One over one double-hung
sash windows are symmetrically arranged and capped by flat arches.
A blind triangular window is in the front facing pedimented gable.
The first identified resident is Mrs. Harriet Smith. (1) The period
from 1889 until 1930 saw the house consecutively occupied by three
physicians-Dr. D. L. Hawley (1889-97), Dr. Harris Watkins (1897-1907),
and Dr. Clarence Beecher (1907-30) who was a Dean of the University
of Vermont's Medical College. (2) The building is now used as
(2) Vermont Division for Historic Preservation, Vermont
Historic Sites and Structures Survey, North Winooski Avenue,
Montpelier, VT, Division for Historic Preservation, n.d.