Honors College elective courses are developed each year and will cover a broad range of topics.
Fall 2015 Elective
HCOL 31 Music In Live Performance (one credit)
In this one credit elective course students will study and attend concerts, operas, and plays. Pre-and post-performance talks with artists will give the students an insider's view of the world of performance. Note that participation in the course requires attendance at class and the corresponding evening performance. No text required. Journal assignments.
HCOL 31 is taught by Natalie Neuert, the Director of UVM's prestigious Lane Series.
Fall Semester 2015 Dates and Performers
- October 9 - Julie Fowlis (Celtic singer)
- October 23 - Heather Maloney (American Indy Folk singer)
- October 30 - Wu Man and the Shanghai Quartet (Western Classical Music meets traditional Chinese Music)
- November 6 - Alan Lomax Project (Historical exploration of old American field recordings)
- December 4 - Coig (Cape Breton Traditional Music)
Spring Semester 2015 Dates and Performers
- February 8 - Brentano String Quartet (classical)
- February 27 - Eric Bibb (Blues)
- March 19 - Dave Stryker with the UVM Big Band (Thursday)
- March 28 - The Nile Project - (pan-African)
- April 24 - Nordic Fiddler's Bloc (Traditional)
Last modified March 31 2015 08:22 AM