The VT EPSCoR Center for Workforce Development and Diversity works to cultivate and prepare students in science, technology, engineering and math and social science (STEM) fields. Through integrating students and teachers into active research we inspire students to pursue STEM careers. The CWDD helps connect interested students in social science and STEM areas with faculty researchers throughout Vermont at multiple institutions.
Current CWDD initiatives include:
• Integration of students and teachers into RACC research: Opportunities to work with faculty on Research on Adaptation to Climate Change in the Lake Champlain Basin (RACC) for:
• Initiatives to support under-represented groups in attending college: As part of our work we are pleased to award scholarships to certain Vermont students who enter STEM majors at a Vermont institution of higher education.
• Partnership with the VT Technology Council Internship Program: Matching students with internships at Vermont technology companies. Read more about VT Technology Council Internships.
• Leaves of Green: Workshop for high school teachers and students on the vital significance of plant genomics and carbon partitioning in plants and its effects on agriculture, global climate change, and biofuel production. The Leaves of Green workshop is funded by a plant genome research grant allocated to 4 universities and Saint Michael’s College to study the genes that control the movement of carbohydrates in corn.
• The Governor’s Institutes of Vermont: VT EPSCoR provides financial support in the form of scholarships for girls and economically-disadvantaged Vermont students to attend STEM Governor's Institutes.
VT EPSCoR Center for Workforce Development and Diversity
Saint Michael's College
One Winooski Park Box 137
Colchester, VT 05439