Got questions? Student Life has Answers!
Call us, e-mail us, or stop on by - our smiling faces and helpful staff are always glad to help (or just to say "hi")!
Dept. of Student Life
Dudley H. Davis Center
590 Main Street, Room 310
Burlington, VT 05405
phone: (802) 656-2060
fax: (802) 656-7731
We're all about you
The Department of Student Life at UVM strives to enhance and enrich students' experiences. Active learning by participation is a hallmark of these offices - check out what we have to offer!
More about us
Students are always welcome to stop into our lively offices (see us on a map). Here are just a few highlights of what what we do:
- Campus Programs: Give or take, Campus Programs is basically responsible for providing a variety of entertainment for the students on– and off–campus (comedians, movies, skiing events, and more). You’ll find us behind UVM's Week of Welcome, WinterFest, SpringFest, & more! We love to collaborate with the UVM Program Board (UPB) and UVM Concerts to ensure there’s always something fun happening on campus.
- UVM Bored: In short, these students get the word out about stuff to do, on– and off–campus. Clubs, departments, and downtown venues plan lots of events, the BORED team posts them online. Want to be featured on our calendar? Submit an event. Check out the event calendar on the Bored website, facebook and twitter.
- UVM Program Board: That's right, we said "board" not "bored." This group is a panel of student leaders with the goal of developing and producing high–quality campus programs to satisfy the diverse interests and social needs of the student body.
- UVM Concerts: Their mission is simple: Get great live music on UVM's campus! You’re likely to find us unplugged in Brennan’s or rocking out at Springfest. We love music, all forms.
- Leadership and Civic Engagement: An umbrella organization for several community service groups on campus (Volunteers in Action, Hearts and Hands, Community Service TREK, Alternative Breaks, RISE). Learn more about LCE.
- Greek Life:Greek Life at UVM is headquartered in the Department of Student Life. Sixteen chapters, ten fraternities and eight sororities bring a proud Greek tradition to UVM. Visit the UVM Greek Life website.
- Outdoor Programs: The many outdoor adventures, wilderness skill development trips, and opportunities for enthusiasts of all skills and abilities.
- New Student Orientation: Orientation and opening weekend are organized through Student Life.
- Student Media: The Vermont Cynic, WRUV student radio, UVMTv student T.V. Learn more on their page of the Student Life website.