Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology (CREST)
Welcome to the homepage for the
Center for Research on Emotion, Stress, and Technology at the
University of Vermont. We are an interdisciplinary team who
conducts research on traumatic stress. Our main objective is to find
ways to reduce the distress many experience after a trauma and prevent
chronic suffering. To achieve this challenging goal, we integrate
methods from psychology, neuroscience, computer science, and robotics.
Interested in Joining Our Team?
We are always interested in meeting
new motivated team members with an interest in psychology, computer
science, or a related field.
Click here if you are interested in joining the lab as:
Recent Updates at CREST
Our team is actively involved in research, clinical work, and related activities to help those who have experienced a trauma. Here are some of our recent accomplishments!
- 7.11.18: Participate in the BRITE
(Brain Resilience in Trauma Exposure) Study!
- 5.18.18: Congratulations to all the UVM graduates
this year. We wish you all the best and much continued success!
- 5.1.18: Congratulations to Rebecca Mirhashem on
the receipt of the Donald G. Forgays Outstanding Senior Award in
- 5.1.18: Congratulations to Julie Connor on the receipt of the Bruce S. Kapp award in Neuroscience!
- 4.30.18: Congratulations on our new publication with colleagues at the Medical University of South Carolina: Prior interpersonal violence exposure and experiences during and after a disaster as predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder and depression among adolescent victims of the spring 2011 tornadoes.
- 4.9.18: Congratulations to Ally
Legrand on the successful proposal of her 2nd Year Project!
- 3.21.18: Congratulations to lab alum Holley C.
Allen for her acceptance to a clinical psychology PhD program!
- 3.26.18: Congratulations to Cassie
van Stolk-Cooke on a successful defense of her 2nd Year
- 3.26.18: Congratulations to Julie
Connor on a successful defense of her Honor's Thesis!
- 3.9.18: Congratulations to Rebecca Mirhashem on a successful defense of her Honor's Thesis!
- 3.4.18: Congratulations to Dr. Price on the funding of a grant from the UVM Dean's Office to evaluate Mindfulness Mediation as an intervention for PTSD. Stay tuned for more details!
- 3.4.18: Congratulations to Bethany
Harris on her receipt of an APLE award to conduct a study on how
the timing of trauma exposure may influence PTSD development.
- 1.16.18: Welcome back to the spring semester!
Check out our past accomplishments and photos in our Archive.
Last modified July 11 2018 05:34 PM