Athletic Training Transfer Information
The Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) is currently enrolled at capacity and we cannot guarantee transfer spaces for the upcoming academic year. The ATEP will review transfer applications if space becomes available.
Transfer applications will be reviewed at the end of the spring semester only. Current UVM students may apply by completing the online Athletic Training intrauniversity application. Intrauniversity transfer applicants must have completed or be currently enrolled in AT 158 and AT 168 to apply. AT 155 must be completed prior to starting the clinical portion of the program. External applicants may either download or request an undergraduate application from the Office of Admissions.
All transfer applicants must review the essential functions for Athletic Training majors outlined in the CNHS Undergraduate Student Handbook. Nursing and Health Sciences students must be able to meet these standards either with or without reasonable accommodations, and must review the handbook and sign and return the signature page to the CNHS Office of Student Services.
|Deadline for Materials||Decision Notification|
|Current UVM students||
By May 31
By May 31
Admission of qualified transfer applicants will be dependent upon available space within an appropriate cohort.
Eligibility and Criteria Requirements
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA and be in good standing.
- Minimum of a "B" in AT 155 and AT 158, and a "Satisfactory" in AT 168.
- Submission of the online Athletic Training intrauniversity application.
- Acknowledgement of the Rehabilitation and Movement Science Department Essential Functions outlined in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences handbook.
- Interview with ATEP faculty, staff and current clinical students. (You will be contacted for an interview.)
*In addition, all students should be aware that, per the College of Nursing and Health Sciences policy, "Admitted students will be notified prior to start of the subsequent semester but may not be notified prior to the pre-registration period."
Last modified March 12 2015 03:50 PM