|BWV 143 Lobe den Herrn, meine Seele II
New Year's Day (Feast of the Circumcision).
1. Ps. 146:1; 2. Jakob Ebert, verse 1 of "Du Friedefürst, Herr Jesu Christ," 1601; 3. Ps. 146:5; 5. Ps. 146:10; 7. Ebert, verse 3 of the hymn.
BG 30; NBA I/4.
1. Chorus [Dictum] (S, A, T, B)
Praise thou the Lord, O my spirit.
2. Chorale [Verse 1] (S)
Thou Prince of peace, Lord Jesus Christ,
3. Recit. [Dictum] (T)
Blest he who hath for his help Jacob's God, whose hope upon the Lord, on his God, is resting.
4. Aria (T)
Thousandfold misfortune, terror,
5. Aria [Dictum] (B)
The Lord is king eternally, thy God, Zion, evermore.
6. Aria (T) with instr. chorale
Jesus, of thy flock the Savior,
7. Chorus [Verse 3] (S, A, T, B)
1. Halleluja is apparently from Ps.
© Copyright Z. Philip Ambrose