The Campus Victim's Advocate provides advocacy, referrals and support for faculty, staff and students who have experienced some form of sexual violence, intimate partner violence and/or stalking. These services are provided to all members of the UVM community, regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, income level, ability, education or other forms of identity.
We Can Help
Note: We are unable to accommodate drop-in services. We recommend folks call or email us to schedule a time to connect with the Campus Victim's Advocate. If you are in need of immediate support for an experience of sexual violence, please call the HOPE Works hotline (802) 863-1236.
- Free and confidential support in person or by phone
- Information and referrals about support systems and processes available on the UVM campus and in the community immediately after an incident and/or for aftercare.
- Advocacy with faculty and/or staff to meet victim's needs (such as addressing concerns about housing relocation, academic relief, etc.)
- Accompaniment during medical, legal, criminal justice and/or judicial proceedings
- Support for family and friends
If you know someone who has experienced violence...
The Victim's Advocate can:
- Provide information about how to help
- Discuss available resources on and off campus