Graphics and Art
Selecting graphics and art for your website is no easy task. The right photo can make or break the visual impression you give visitors. Some pointers:
- Select photos with context.
- Take time to edit and size your photos. (Free online photo editors Pixlr, iPiccy, PicMonkey or Sumopaint.)
- Properly sized photo to use on your social media channel (Free online social media image maker)
- Use group shots of people unless you can tighten in on the photo.
- Use your website as a way to highlight your tastes in photos. Go for what's most professional for the department.
- Be afraid to crop. Most people never crop tight enough or are afraid to crop tops of heads — a trick that works well when cropping headshots.
Last modified September 09 2015 08:24 AM